- Who should use FUEL CMS?
- FUEL CMS was built for developers that like to work in the CodeIgniter framework and need a lightweight, highly customizable CMS for their clients that integrates nicely with their code. If you are looking for a CMS first and are not familiar with CodeIgniter or comfortable writing code, then FUEL may not be a right fit. If so, here are some other great alternatives:
- Where is the installer?
- FUEL CMS does not have an installer at the moment, unless you include yourself as part of the installation. The installation process has a few short steps that should be familiar with anyone who has set up a CodeIgniter website. If you are having problems installing FUEL, check our user guide, Forums or send us an email at .
- Does FUEL CMS Use CodeIgniter 2.0?
- Yes. FUEL CMS uses the official CodeIgniter 2.0 release (Reactor) as of version 0.9.2.
- Do I need .htaccess enabled?
- No. However we use it to prevent access to certain folders and enable mod_rewrite.
You can move the fuel folder above the web root.
- Do I need the mod_rewrite module for Apache?
- No. However, it is the preferred way of using FUEL. The Apache mod_rewrite module is used to remove the index.php front controller from the URI path.
You can always change the $config['index_page'] value in the main CodeIgniter configuration to be the index.php page.
- Do you support other languages besides english?
- As of the 0.9.2 release, FUEL CMS allows for localization of the interface. Several languages are currently being worked on by community members
and can be found on GitHub
- I've found a bug—now what should I do?
- Please report all bugs via GitHub or the Forum.